in Roatan, Honduras
more to life than fly fishing?
Hard to believe but it’s true.
The lodge owners are keenly aware
of this and gladly cater to any non-anglers.
There are many activities to choose from:
• Snorkeling is available from your doorstep or you can take the
90 second boat ride out to the reef . Snorkeling gear is available free
• Try sailing one of the lodge’s Hobie Cats around historic
Port Royal Bay. Lessons are provided free of charge.
• Paddle the lodge’s sea kayak around the bay and peer into
the crystal clear waters.
• Roatan is known for its diving. There are numerous sites
ranging from wall dives, ship wrecks, and caves. There is a vast
world to explore under water. Diving is arranged through a local
outfitter and runs $75 USD for three tanks. (not included in package
• Hike around the property and enjoy the tropical fauna or if
you’re feeling adventurous, take the hike through the coastal
jungle up to the top one of the peaks behind the lodge and enjoy the
view of Port Royal Bay. (approx. 2 hrs. round trip on a rugged
• Hire a boat for an island tour with picnic and look for the
endangered American Saltwater Crocodile.
• Catch a taxi and see the rest of the island and do some shopping.
• Relax with a good book in your
hammock and let the ocean breeze whisk your cares away.
The angling day is even structured around the non-angler. Start
early by fishing the nearby flats and then join your spouse for a leisurely
breakfast before heading out with a packed lunch for the rest of the
day. Rest assured that non-anglers will be happy at Mango Creek!